A Great Idea That Didn’t Work: How to Move Forward With an Even Better Idea! By Marcia Zidle
Discouraged by the decline in genuine engagement across Social Media platforms -most notably Linkedin- over the past several years a great idea was born â to build a better engagement platform. Following an intensive nine-month development project – investing substantial time, talent, and dollars – it was decided to âpull the plugâ.
What Triggered the Decision? What Was Learned? What’s Next?
My guest on this episode of The Business Edge is Dennis Pitocco, founder, publisher and executive editor of Bizcatalyst360.com â one-stop resourceâ for busy professionals seeking cutting-edge insights, intelligence and information across all major business sectors. He shares his journey of coming up with a better âmousetrapâ for social media engagement called BizTribes 360; his wisdom from this enlightening experience; and whatâs on the horizon in his search for âgenuineâ sharing and learning.
Listen to This Podcast and Learn:
* What the inspiration was for BizTribes360
* * The process, over the nine months, to get the platform ready to launch.
* How to utilize the expertise of others â college interns and colleagues- to turn your idea into a reality
* The realization the âbetter mousetrapâ was not viable and why âa good retreat is better than a last standâ
* His vision for whatâs next: A very different model for social media engagement built on lessons learned
A Key Takeaway: Do Something That Scares You Every Day!
Launching BizTribes was scary; it was something new; it was a risk; it could fail; and it did. However, donât hold yourself back. Rather, jump with your eyes open and your faith in the people who are there to help you. Even if it doesnât work, youâll bounce back with more insights and wisdom to carry with you on your next project or entrepreneurial journey.